How to Handle a Loose or Missing Tooth
If a loose tooth remains in your mouth, don’t touch it or try to remove it. There’s a chance it can be saved if you get to our office in time. If your tooth falls out, make sure to bring it with you when you come in for treatment.
Here’s how you should handle a missing tooth:
- Only handle the tooth by its crown
- If the tooth is dirty, rinse it in lukewarm water
- Place the tooth in a container of milk or lukewarm water
- Get to Precision Dentistry & Implants in Kerrville as soon as possible
When Extraction Is the Best Option
If an infection such as decay or gum disease goes untreated for an extended period of time, the damage may be too extensive to repair the tooth and extraction could become your only option.
Reasons you may require a tooth extraction include:
- When a tooth is severely damaged by decay
- When a broken or fractured tooth cannot be repaired
- In cases of advanced gum disease (periodontitis)
- If you need orthodontic work and more space is required between teeth
- To prepare for the dental implant process
- If you have crowding due to wisdom teeth (third molars)
Gentle, Professional Tooth Extraction in Kerrville
If you require a tooth extraction, Dr. Huff will make the process as comfortable as possible. If you’re feeling anxious or nervous about the procedure, you can talk to Dr. Huff about our dental sedation options.
Dr. Huff will first numb the area and then extract the affected tooth or teeth, so you should feel little to no pain during the treatment. Following your extraction, you’ll want to take a few days to rest and relax.
Dr. Huff will give you full instructions for post-operative care. Immediately after surgery, it’s important to keep the area clean, refrain from smoking, avoid solid foods, and don’t drink through a straw.
Your Full-Service Family Dentist in Kerrville
At Precision Dentistry & Implants, we provide complete dental care for the whole family. Call today to learn more about what we can do for your smile.
Now Accepting Online Payments
Register for an account through Patient Pay Center & use the office code below.